We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI) by submitting a poster. Posters are more informal than papers, and they describe work in progress, novel ideas, novel systems, or late implementation of a SUI application. You can submit both a paper and a poster on a topic, and some authors of rejected papers will be advised to present their work as posters.
Posters extended abstracts should be submitted as a one page manuscript in the ACM SIG Proceedings format, see ttp://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates. Please submit your extended abstract in camera-ready format. Extra information such as videos may also be submitted. These will be taken into account during the review process and may be included in the final publication.
Submissions should address one or more of the following topics within spatial user interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
Poster authors are expected to prepare a final version of their one page extended abstract and present their poster at the conference in a special session.
Posters must be submitted through the online submission system.
Posters submission due: April 28, 2013
Posters notification: May 6, 2013
Final camera-ready posters: May 12, 2013
For more information, please contact the poster chairs:
Rob Teather, York University, Canada
Pablo Figueroa, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
sui13posterschairs [at] gmail.com