We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI). We seek original, unpublished papers documenting original research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications, from all areas of spatial user interaction. User interface evaluations are strongly encouraged for every publication in this venue. The symposium solicits full and short papers. Full papers (up to 8 pages) should describe research or design work within the scope of spatial user interaction. Short papers (up to 4 pages) should address the same topic, but may include preliminary results or conceptual ideas. Submitted papers should be anonymous for the double blind reviewing process, led by an international program committee. Submissions must not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere and must not be under review by any other publication venue during SUI 2013’s reviewing period. All submissions should be prepared in the ACM SIG Proceedings format, http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates. Supplementary videos are not required, but are strongly encouraged.
Submissions should address one or more of the following topics within spatial user interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education.
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
For accepted papers and posters, at least one author must register for the conference and present the work. If no author is registered by the early registration deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries.
The paper submission deadline has been extended to March 3, 2013. Notification of accepted papers will occur on April 14, 2013.
Papers must be submitted through the online submission system.
For more information, please contact the program chairs at sui13programchairs [at] gmail.com.